Calendar of Events
« Back to Calendar of Events
4H and FFA Livestock
- Saturday, March 16
- 09:00 am - Market lamb tag-in
- 09:00 am - Market hog tag-in
- 09:00 am - Market goat tag-in
- Wednesday, June 14
- Wednesday, June 26
- 12:00 pm - Fair barn ready for exhibitors to bring in livestock.
- 08:00 pm - Market steer weigh-in
- Thursday, June 27
- 08:00 am - Market lamb then hog weigh-in
- 12:00 pm - Dairy goat show
- 01:00 pm - Poultry show
- 02:00 pm - Rabbit show
- 03:00 pm - Suri Alpaca & Huacaya show
- 04:00 pm - Breeding stock needs to be in place
- Friday, June 28
- 08:00 am - Swine show
- 12:30 pm - Sheep & market lamb show
- 02:00 pm - Beef show
- 04:00 pm - Bucket calf show
- 06:00 pm - Market steer show
- Saturday, June 29
- 12:00 pm - Prospective buyer dinner
- 01:00 pm - Auction
- 06:00 pm - Release time
OFFICIAL FAIR VETERINARIANS
- Sullivan Veterinary Hospital
- Download livestock entry form in PDF format.
- Use a separate entry form for each exhibitor.
- All entries must be dropped off at the Sullivan Chamber office or sent by mail with pmt envelope to:
Meramec Community Fair Livestock Youth
c/o Sue Koch
964 Koch Lane
Sullivan, MO 63080
- Make all checks payable to MCF Livestock Youth.
- Entry will be accepted until June 14, 2013. All classes will be final at this time.
- All market livestock must be tagged in prior to Fair to show and sell at Meramec Community Fair.
- Entry fee will be: $5.00 per head of beef; $2.00 per head of sheep, hogs and dairy goats; No fee for poultry or rabbits.
Meramec Community Fair Veterinarians will inspect livestock and give final authority of compliance with state requirements.
- All livestock exhibitors must be ShowMe Quality Certified.
- All livestock entrants must be members in good standing of 4-H or FFA and be currently enrolled in the project in which they are showing stock.
- Exhibitors must be residents of Franklin and adjoining counties.
- All livestock must be owned by the 4-H or FFA exhibitor showing it.
- All exhibitors must agree to abide by the rules of the Meramec Community Fair.
- Exhibitors are limited to two (2) entries per class. A limit of one (1) entry for Market Steer and Bucket Calf. A limit of one (1) entry per class on group classes.
- Livestock exhibitors are required to furnish their own bedding.
- Stalls and equipment space are to be kept clean at all times.
- All livestock must be groomed for the show.
- Bulls over 6 months of age are to have nose ring and lead at all times.
- Manure must be hauled out to designated area outside of barn. Premiums held if stalls are not cleaned.
- All livestock exhibited at owner's risk. Meramec Community Fair Livestock Committee and the City of Sullivan will not be held responsible for accidents caused by livestock or to livestock.
- Livestock exhibitors must have available current registration on all registered breeding stock.
- The Meramec Community Fair Livestock Committee has the authority to discharge livestock showing evidence of sickness, poor condition, or being uncontrollable.
- The Meramec Community Fair Livestock Committee will make the final decision on all questions, disputes, and hardship cases which may occur.
- Exhibitors will be assigned stall space and additional space for equipment as available.
- The Fair barn will be ready for exhibitors to bring livestock in after 12:00 noon on Wednesday, June 26.
- All market hogs need to be in place by 8:00 am Thursday, June 27, 2013. Weigh-in for hogs will begin at 8:00 am Order of weigh-in will be lambs, goats, then hogs.
- All Market steers need to be in place by 7:30 pm on Wednesday, June 26. Weigh-in in for Market Steers will be Wednesday, June 26, 2013 beginning at 8:00 pm
- All breeding stock to be in place by 4:00 pm, Thursday, June 27, 2013.
- Release time will be Saturday, June 29, 2013 at 6:00 pm
- Tie outs are allowed but must be cleaned at end of Fair.
LIVESTOCK AUCTION RULES
- Participants must be 8 years old by Jan. 1, 2013 and not have reached 19 by Jan. 1, 2013 for 4-H. For FFA, participants are not to have reached 20 years old by Jan. 1, 2013.
- Participants must be a member of an FFA Chapter or 4-H Club in Franklin, Crawford or Washington County.
- Exhibitors showing and selling market animal must be:
- Present to show and sell their animal
- Responsible for animal at all times including after the auction
- Able to assist buyer in loading their animal
- All 4-H/FFA livestock exhibitors participating in the auction will be required to pay $15.00. This fee is to help cover the cost of the auction.
- Each exhibitor may weigh in two (2) Market Steers and/or tag in two (2) Market Lambs and/or three (3) Market Hogs, but are only allowed to sell one (1) item.
- The final weigh-in for Market Steers will be Wednesday, June 26, 2013 at 8:00 pm - All Steers must be in place by 7:30 pm
- Weigh in for swine, goats, and lamb will be held at Fair barn on Thursday, June 27, 2013 at 8:00 am Weigh-in order will be Lambs then Hogs.
- Order of sale will be: 1st Market Steers; 2nd Market Lambs; 3rd Market Goats; 4th Market Hogs.
- Champion and Reserve Champion will sell first followed by rate-of-gain champion and class winners. All others will sell in order of number drawn at weigh-in or tag-in.
- Market Steers will automatically be entered in the Carcass Show unless buyer requests otherwise.
- Injection of any substance or drug or the external application of any substance which could affect the animal's performance or alter its natural contour, conformation, color, or appearance, is prohibited.
- Prospective buyers will be invited to a dinner on the fairgrounds, Saturday, June 29, 2013 from noon to 1:00 pm 4-H/FFA members should extend personal invitations to their prospective buyers.
- Auction to begin at 1 pm
- Market animals that are selected Grand or Reserve Grand must sell.
- Livestock Auction participants must stay with their animal following the auction until they have met with their buyer, had pictures taken, and their animal is loaded out.
- An exhibitor who has not met the requirements of the project they are showing an animal in will not be allowed to show and/or sell that animal. The MCF Livestock Com. will make all final decisions.
MARKET STEER SALE AND CARCASS SHOW
- Steer entries must have been born after Jan. 1, 2012. No steer with broken mouth may be shown. A full set of baby teeth is required.
- A 4-H or FFA member may weigh and tag two steers, but only one steer may be weighed in and exhibited in the market steer show and sale.
- Steers must weigh a minimum of 600 lbs. at the initial weigh-in and must have a minimum rate-of-gain of at least 2.25 lbs. per day OR weigh at least 1050 at final weigh-in. Steers not meeting these requirements will not be allowed to show or sell and must be removed from fairgrounds immediately following weigh-in.
- If an ear tag is removed by anyone, the steer will not be allowed to show or sell. If tag falls outs, please contact livestock committee immediately.
- All steers to be entered in the show and sale must also take part in the rate-of-gain competition. Weigh-in for the rate-of gain competition will be done at the Sullivan Fair Grounds on January 26, 2013 from 9:00 am to 12:00 noon. At that time, steers will be weighed and ear tagged. Steers must be dehorned and castrated before time of weigh-in.
- Steers will be weighed in for the Fair at the Livestock Arena barn Wednesday, June 26, 2013 at 8:00 pm Steers need to be in the barn by 7:30 pm on Wednesday, June 26.
- Participants in the Market Steer show and sale must display their name, and the name, weight, rate-of-gain, and birth date of their steers above the animal.
- All steers must be halter broken, dehorned, and manageable. The steer is to be handled and shown by the exhibitor.
- Market steers are to be raised on the property of the exhibitor; failure to comply to this rule will disqualify exhibitor to show and sell at the Meramec Community Fair Livestock Auction.
- Injection of any substance or drug or the external application of any substance which could affect the animal's performance or alter its natural contour, conformation, color or appearance is prohibited.
- Steers not shown will not be allowed to sell.
- All steers will be taken to designated locker plant on Saturday, June 29 after the sale. The livestock committee will arrange for transportation from the barn to the locker plant. Any exceptions to this arrangement will be the buyer's responsibility.
- There will be a Champion and Reserve Champion in the Carcass Show.
MARKET HOG SHOW AND SALE CLASS
- Each exhibitor may weigh-in/tag-in three (3) Market Hogs, show two (2) Market Hogs, but are allowed to sell only one (1) animal.
- All Market Hogs to be entered in the show and sale must be tagged-in on March 16, 2013 from 9:00 am to 12:00 noon at the Sullivan Fair Grounds. The maximum weigh-in weight is 80 pounds.
- If an ear tag is removed by anyone, the hog will not be allowed to show or sell. If the tag falls out contact livestock committee immediately.
- The final Fair weigh-in will be Thursday, June 27, 2013 at 8:00 am
- Market Hogs must weigh amnimum of 220 lbs. at the final weigh-in to be eligible to show and sell.
- The exhibitor must display their name, the animal's name, weight, average daily rate-of-gain and birth date of market hog.
- Market Hog show will begin at 8:00 am on Friday, June 28 with the Breeding Stock Show to follow.
- Market Hot must weigh 230 pounds or more to be able to compete for Championship. The Light Weight Class will be for hogs weighing 220-229 pounds.
- It is the exhibitor's responsibility to remove second market hog from fair grounds on Saturday evening.
MARKET LAMB SHOW AND SALE CLASS
- Lambs must be a wether or a ewe and must have a full set of baby teeth with no sign of permanent teeth. Testes must be removed entirely from the animal prior to first tag-in.
- The initial tag-in will be March 16, 2013 at the Sullivan Fair Grounds from 9:00 am to 12:00 noon.
- If an ear tag is removed by anyone, the lamb will not be allowed to show or sell. If the tag falls out, contact the livestock committee immediately.
- Lambs will be weighed in on Thursday, June 27, 2013 at the Livestock Arena at 8:00 am.
- Market Lambs must be slick sheered prior to final weigh-in.
- Market Lambs must weigh between 90 and 150 lbs. to be eligible to show and sell. Animals not meeting the required weight range will be removed from the fairgrounds immediately following weigh-in.
- Market Lambs will show after the Sheep Show on Friday, June 28 at 12:30 am
- The exhibitor must display his/her name and the weight of their market lamb above the animal.
- 19 - Bucket Calf (not eligible to show in any other class)
- 20 - Junior Heifer Calf - Calved January 1 to April 30, 2013.
- 21 - Fall Heifer Calf - Calved September 1 to December 31, 2012.
- 22 - Summer Yearling Heifer - Calved May 1 to August 31, 2012.
- 23 - Junior Yearling Heifer - Calved January 1 to April 30, 2012.
- 24 - Senior Yearling Heifer - Calved September 1 to December 31, 2012.
- 25 - Cow/Calf Pair
- 26 - Mature Cow - Calved before September 1, 2010.
- 27 - Junior Bull Calf - Calved January 1 to April 30, 2013
- 28 - Senior Bull Calf - Calved July 1 to December 31, 2012
- 29 - Junior Yearling Bull - Calved January 1 to June 30, 2012
- 30 - Senior Yearling Bull - Calved June 1 to December 31, 2011
- 31 - Open Steer Class - Market sale animals not eligible for this class.
- 32 - Market Steer (All breeds will be judged together and shown in weight classes light and heavy. These weight classes will be determined at the fair.)
- 33 - Home-Raised Market Steer (all steers qualifying as home-raised will be shown in class 32 as well as this class)
- 34 - Market Heifer Class (not eligible to show in any other class)
Home-Raised Class: A market steer whose dam is owned by the exhibitor or a member of the immediate family (father, mother, brother, sister, or legal guardian only) at the time of birth and is born on the local property that is owned or managed by the immediate family of the exhibitor. The animal must be cared for from birth to exhibition by the exhibitor on the local property. The dam does not have to be owned by the exhibitor/family at the time of breeding.
Class 50-58 only 2 per class / Class 59-61 only 1 entry per class
- 50 - Doe, 5 years and over, in milk
- 51 - Doe, 3 years and under 5, in milk
- 52 - Doe, 2 years and under 3, in milk
- 53 - Doe, 1 year and under 2, in milk
- 54 - Doe, 1 year and under 2, not in milk
- 55 - Doe, 8 months to 1 year
- 56- Doe, 4 months to 8 months
- 57 - Doe, under 4 months
- 58 - Buck, 2 months to 2 years (Must be registered purebred)
- 59 - Doe and daughter
- 60 - Herd (1 doe 2 years and over, 1 doe 1 year and older, 1 doe 4 years and older, all 3 fresh and 1 doe under 1 year not freshened)
- 61 - Get-of-Sire (3 does, the get of 1 sire. At least 2 fresh)
- 62 - Adult Buck ( 2 years & older)
- 63 - Adult Doe ( 2 years & older)
- 64 - Yearling Buck
- 65 - Yearling Doe
- 66 - Fall Buck Kid
- 67 - Fall Doe Kid
- 68 - Spring Buck Kid
- 69 - Spring Doe Kid
- 70 - Market Weather
- 71 - Market Goat (not eligible to show in any other class)
8 entry limit - limit 2/class
- 200 - Adult Male
- 201 - Young Male
- 202 - Adult Female
- 203 - Young Female
20 Entry limit - Limit 2/class
|Old Pen (2 hens & 1 rooster) over 1 yr old||121C||121F|
|Young Pen (2 pullets & 1 cockerel) under 1 yr.||122C||122F|
|Single rooster, over 1 yr. old||123C||123F|
|Single hen, over 1 yr. old||124C||124F|
|Single cockerel, under 1 yr.||125C||125F|
|Single pullet, under 1 yr.||126C||126F|
Limit 16 entries
|Doe and Litter||117M||117S|
|Jr. Buck (9 wks. to 5 mo.)||118aM||ll8aS|
|Jr. Doe (9 wks. to 5 mo.)||119aM||ll9aS|
|Pen of two market rabbits||12CM|
|Pet Class - Not eligible for any other class||121|
- Any rabbit breed that finishes over 8lbs. is Commercial.
- Any rabbit breed that finishes under 8lbs. is Fancy.
- 72 - Ram - 1 year and under 2
- 73 - Ram Lamb
- 74 - Ewe - 1 year and under 2
- 75 - Ewe Lamb
- 76 - Pair of Ewe Lambs
- 77 - Pair of Ram Lambs
- 78 - Pair of Ewes - Yearling or older
- 79 - Flock - 1 Ram any age, 2 Ewes, yearling or older, and 2 Ewe Lambs
- 80 - Market Lamb (not eligible for any other class)
- 40 - March Gilt - Farrowed March 1, 2013 or after.
- 41 - February Gilt - Farrowed Feb. 1 to Feb. 29, 2013.
- 42 - January Gilt - Farrowed Jan. 1 - Jan. 31, 2013.
- 43 - Yearling Sow - Farrowed Aug. 1 to Dec. 31, 2012.
- 44 - March Boar - Farrowed March 1, 2013 or after.
- 45 - February Boar - Farrowed Feb. 1 to Feb. 29, 2013.
- 46 - January Boar - Farrowed Jan. 1 to Jan. 31, 2013.
- 47 - December Boar - Farrowed Dec. 1 to Dec. 31, 2012.
- 48 - Market Hog - Barrow or Gilt - Farrowed after Dec. 8, 2012 (Not eligible for any other class)
Suri Alpaca and Huacaya
- 81 - Full Fleece Suri - Juvenile
- 82 - Full Fleece Suri - Yearling
- 83 - Full Fleece Suri - Adult
- 84 - Full Fleece Huacaya - Juvenile
- 85 - Full Fleece Huacaya - Yearling
- 86 - Full Fleece Huacaya - Adult
- 87 - Shorn Suri or Huacaya - Juvenile
- 88 - Shorn Suri or Huacaya - Yearling
- 89 - Shorn Suri or Huacaya - Adult
|Junior Showmanship||-||Ages 8-12 years old|
|Senior Showmanship||-||Age 13-18 years old|
Full Fleece is 3"+ in length.
|Juvenile||-||6-12 months old|
|Yearling||-||13-24 months old|
|Adult||-||25+ months old|
« Back to Calendar of Events
Copyright 2006-2013 Meramec Community Fair Board. All rights reserved.
Site design by Net Engineers, Inc.
This website updated as information becomes available.
All information is subject to change.