4H Archery Tournament
- Wednesday, June 26
- 4:45-5:15 p.m. - Check-in
- 5:30 p.m. - Shooting Begins
- Joe Secrest - 573-225-4758
The 4H Archery Tournament is a chance for children ages 8 to 18 to showcase their abilities. All archers must be currently enrolled in a 4H Shooting Sports project under the supervision of a certified 4H Shooting Sports leader and a member is good standing in a 4H club. Age classes are based on the Missouri State 4H Shooting Sports rules. Ages are based on member's age as of January 1, 2010.
The tournament will be held at the southwest corner of the fair grounds, across from the Horse Arena. Check in is 4:45 - 5:15 pm. Shooting will begin at 5:30. Archers must pre-register by June 1 to participate. There will be no late registration. Registration forms are available at the Fair Office.
DIVISIONS (age as of December 31, 2012)
- Youth - ages 8-10
- Junior - ages 11-13
- Senior - ages 14-18
String peeps and optical sights are permitted except in Traditional Recurve and Compound No Sights. Sights that project an image onto the target are not allowed.
- 800A - Youth, Freestyle Recurve/Longbow with accessories
- 800B - Junior, Freestyle Recurve/Longbow with accessories
- 800C - Senior, Freestyle Recurve/Longbow with accessories
- 800D - Youth, Traditional Recurve/Longbow no accessories
- 800E - Junior, Traditional Recurve/Longbow no accessories
- 800F - Senior, Traditional Recurve/Longbow no accessories
- 800G - Youth, Compound Fingers (no releases)
- 800H - Junior, Compound Fingers (no releases)
- 800I - Senior, Compound Fingers (no releases)
- 800J - Youth, Compound with release aids
- 800K - Junior, Compound with release aids
- 800L - Senior, Compound with release aids
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Youth will shoot at 10 yards
- Junior will shoot at 15 yards
- Senior will shoot at 20 yards
- Archers will shoot 30 arrows
- Scoring will range from 1-5, with 5 possible points per arrow
Trophies awarded for 1st through 3rd for classes with 6 or more participants. 1st place trophy only awarded for classes with 3-5 participants. No trophy awarded in classes with less than 3 participants.
The Meramec Community Fair Board, the University Outreach and Extension, the City of Sullivan, and any 4H club are NOT responsible for injuries or accidents.